Monday, January 17, 2011

Where I get my natural resources


A friend recently asked where I get most of my natural resources, and I thought I would share my answers here in case others are wondering as well. Most of my "natural" remedies, I buy in bulk with friends so that they are cheaper and most of them I get at wholesale prices because I know someone who sells them (about 40% off)... they can be pretty pricey otherwise. All of them I order online
The coconut oil I use for so many things and buy in huge gallon buckets from Wilderness Family Naturals, but you probably wouldn't use that much For medicinal purposes, you will want to get the extra virgin, unrefined, cold-pressed kind. The oregano oil, other essential oils, elderberries, good quality spices, empty pill capsules, and herbal teas I buy from Starwest Botanicals. The Grapefruitseed extract, manuka honey, and probiotics I get from vitacost.com, which is a great place to buy anything natural. I love that they have a flat $5 shipping fee! I buy coconut water from Amazon whenever it is on sale for no more than a dollar a can. I get fermented cod liver oil from Renewed Health.
If you are just getting started and don't want to spend a lot of money, I'd say the easiest thing to do would be get the oregano oil and empty pill capsules from Starwest, and garlic and unpasturized apple cider vinegar (I get Bragg's brand) from the grocery store. If I feel sickness coming, I pop garlic pills and oregano pills 3 times a day and try to drink ACV diluted in water all day long. Those three work really well in fighting off almost anything. If you want to keep from getting sick, I'd say to invest in the cod liver oil and probiotics. I really think that is why my girls have stayed healthy all winter long while my husband keeps getting sick (They take them every day; he doesn't
Let me know if you have anymore questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment