Sunday, January 23, 2011

An ode to a fever

As much as I feared getting a fever, I am now a firm believer that when you are sick, a fever is your best friend. I know it doesn't make sense because a fever makes you feel miserable. But it really attacks your sickness and you get better so much faster!

Case in point: Karlie was miserable on Thursday, and Karis and I were miserable on Friday. With the girls, I let the fever run its course like I always do. I never give them Tylenol, because it keeps the body from fighting off illness on its own. Now, their fevers got really high and they were very lethargic and miserable (hard for a mama to watch!) but it worked and both of the girls were 100% better in just 24 hours! It was amazing. I mean, they woke up bright-eyed and bushy-talied and had way too much energy for me :) I was still utterly miserable because I had to make my fever come down anytime it peaked so it wouldn't harm the baby. So I've been fighting this fever for 3 days now.

But I'm still thankful. Abbi Grace is alive and well, kicking me all over like crazy, but staying put for a little while. That was my biggest prayer. Now if she could just give me this next week to regain my strength, stop coughing, breathe again, and eventually try to get my house back in order and rid it of flu germs. Can you imagine how much laundry I have piled up since I haven't done any in 4 days? And it probably won't happen tomorrow, either :) But that's ok. The biggest priority is for me to rest up so that my body will be ready whenever Abbi decides that it is time to come out! Oh, I can't wait to meet her!

No comments:

Post a Comment