Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Current New Baby favorites

My new baby is two weeks old and there are a few things that have just made life better or easier this time around and I thought I'd share:

1. DockAtot -- A sweet friend is letting me borrow this and it has been a lifesaver!  I've always had the baby beside the bed and I've always been extremely anemic after giving birth so I would end up with bruises all over my arms from trying to pick her up from the Pack N Play or co-sleeper.  This is the first time I've put the baby in bed beside me and it has been so wonderful!  I know she is safe in there and it is so easy to check on her or pat her back or adjust her swaddle without even having to sit up!  

2.  Nutbutter squeeze packs -- My doula gave me some of these to eat during and after labor for some quick protein and I just loved them!  Now they are my favorite "middle of the night nursing snacks."  I seem to always get hungry around 3am when I'm nursing. 

3.  These soft, stretchy pants -- My last month of pregnancy, I got so big and uncomfortable that I just hated wearing my maternity jeans.  I didn't want to spend a lot of money on maternity pants since I was so close to the end of my pregnancy, but I needed something cute to wear that was more comfortable.  I found these on Amazon and liked them so much I bought a second pair!  Now that I am two weeks postpartum, they are stretchy enough to still stay up and they continue to be my favorite pair of pants!

4.  Miracle swaddle -- Now I have probably posted about this sometime before because I've used it with my last 4 babies, but it is such a lifesaver that I had to mention it again.  This is the only swaddle that could possibly last through 4 kids because it doesn't have any velcro.  This swaddle is genius because it uses the baby's own weight to keep it in place instead of velcro that weakens with use.  I actually forgot to pack it in my hospital bag and thoroughly regretted it when my baby kept wriggling out of the hospital blanket swaddle several times a night!  I was so thankful to get home and find it so we could get a better night's sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment