Monday, May 13, 2013

Some Random Favorites


This is going to be quite a random post, but I just wanted to share a few things that have made my life easier lately:

1.  Bandette Cup Labels -- I've gotten rid of most of our plastic ware and my girls primarily drink out of  8-oz. glass jelly jars.  They are heavier and thus tip over a lot less than my stainless steel or leftover plastic cups.  We have found that we have ten time less spills with these, as well as being more healthy to drink from.  However, the biggest problem is that the girls would forget whose glass is whose and I would end up washing them at every meal.  I stumbled upon these cute drink bands on Amazon and they have been a life-saver!  Now each girl has her own color and I only have to wash them once when I fill up the dishwasher at night.

2.  Boon Animal Bag Stuffed Animal Storage -- This one is a little pricey, totally worth it because it serves 2 purposes:  We had been going crazy with stuffed animals all over the place.  My girls LOVE their stuffed animals and sleep with many and play zoo/ pet shop with them all the time.  But we get so tired of finding them all over the house!  In addition, I've thought many times about buying them a bean bag for their reading nook.  This is less expensive than most of the nicer (won't burst easily) bean bags. So I decided it was worth it.  We probably stuffed 50 stuffed animals into one of these and then the girls had a blast jumping onto it from their bed :)  Very cozy!

3.  Knot Genie Detangling Hairbrush -- This hairbrush is amazing!  It totally works better than any other hairbrush I have tried on my girls' crazy hair.  Now it does come apart easily (like if I drop it on the floor) but goes back together very easily.  

4.  Fossil Key-per large shopping tote bag/ purse -- my awesome sis-in-law told me how wonderful this purse was and how handy it was and I am so glad I listened to her!  This bag is the perfect solution to someone who doesn't want a diaper bag but still needs some extra space.  I can easily throw in a sippy cup, Abbi's bear softy, my smaller Bible for church, a book to lend to a friend, my planner, water bottle, an extra diaper and small bag of wipes, small medicine kit, etc.  And it wipes off easily if I set it down somewhere dirty.  I've been using this purse for about a year and a half and it has been a lifesaver!  But don't pay full-price for it... I found my on e-bay for a great deal!  And I looked at the Fossil website and  don't like the newer versions as much.  

5.  Norwex cleaning supplies --  These are also expensive but I have been slowly building up my supplies over the last few years.  These are perfect for my girls to clean with because the silver and microfiber make them naturally antibacterial without the use of chemicals.  Each day my girls have "chore time" and I set them to work with these things.  The household package is the perfect starting set.  My girls love the mitt for dusting, they go all over the house wiping down baseboards and door knobs and cabinets with the everyday green enviro cloth, and I seriously have never had such streak-free windows as when I use the purple shine cloth. My husband was a skeptic but now borrows them to clean the windows in his car :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment