Friday, February 17, 2012

An ode to natural remedies...

You all know by now that I try to avoid the doctor's office at all costs and especially try to avoid any kind of medicine. Sometimes that is really hard and it takes longer to get over an illness because an antibiotic might bring relief in just 24 hours but it might take a week for the body to fight off an infection naturally. A lot of times, especially with a baby, I question myself and wonder whether I should just let a doctor look at her to be on the safe side. So far, however, I've never regretted keeping her home but I have indeed regretted a trip to the doctor that resulted in trauma and medicine when she could have probably gotten over it naturally. So I think I'll just keep on doing what I'm doing :)

Anyways, because I sometimes need reminding that natural remedies really do work, I thought I'd post about a recent fast success. Tuesday, I woke up with a sore throat and lots of pressure in my head. I had a busy day planned (Valentine's Day) and was just hoping it would go away. By the time I got the girls to bed that night, I knew I was coming down with the crud that Abbi had so I started to treat myself. I made myself a "lovely" concoction of super strong kombucha, elderberry syrup, apple cider vinegar, grapefruit seed extract, and astragalus tincture. I drank it before bed and woke up the next morning feeling about the same, but not at all worse. The next day I drank the same concoction and took ginger, cayenne pepper, boswellia, tumeric, and garlic after each meal. I took collodial silver in between meals. I also stayed away from sugar, white flour, and dairy for the day. All symptoms had disappeared by the following morning. I am certain that all my natural remedies halted the impending illness that had started to get me down

No comments:

Post a Comment